I am at work. I listened to Obama being sworn in. And listened to his speech. And tears streamed down my face. I'm not ashamed to say that.
What a day!
Now I am trying to get focused and back on topic as it were. But first I must tell a little story that kind of sums up my work environment... I had to go to the printer and get something. There was something for one of my coworkers there so I took it to her. She said she was surprised to see me here today. She figured I would have taken the day off since I am politically active or aware (I forget which word she used) I said I listened to the inauguration. And she looked at me and said "oh did you now" I said yeah I did and I cried. And she looked rather blankly at me.
I mean really this is only one of the most important days in American history! I think EVERY f***ing person in the country should have at least been listening to the swearing in if not the speech.
I feel better now. I went to get hot water for tea and the barista saw the look on my face and gave me an Obama Day hug! I needed that.
As H.L. Mencken said, "We are here and it is now." And an intelligent, articulate, thoughtful, calm, compassionate man is now PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!
PS Now that I think about it, I'm sad about my coworker's reaction. I can't explain exactly why it makes me sad but it does.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oooh.... who was it???? Inquiring, previous CSS minds want to know (although I have a guess or two). :)
I was lucky enough to watch much of the inauguration at work yesterday as well. Teary eyes and big smiles here as well!
Katie
Post a Comment