Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I didn't need to know this...

I found out last night, while watching television and seeing a commercial for it, that McDonald's is now serving sweet tea. This is something I really didn't need to know. For you see, I adore sweet tea - in the summer when it is hot, I crave the stuff. When Mr R and I drove back to our town from North Carolina, I drank so much sweet tea at an Outback restaurant in Louisville, Kentucky that I couldn't sleep that night. I did refrain from kissing the waiter when he asked if I would like some tea to go. He then brought me a huge styrofoam cup of the stuff. And I drank it all because I knew that as soon as we crossed the Mason-Dixon line and headed North and West there wouldn't be any more sweet tea. Although I think I had some in Iowa City at the BBQ place. Now that is a wonderful combination, really good BBQ and sweet tea! Ah is this not happiness.

Now I know I can make sweet tea myself, but the thought of walking a block and a half to the McDonald's by my house, plunking a dollar down on the counter and getting a little bit of heaven in a cup is almost more than I can stand. In fact, I practically jumped off the couch last night and ran down there in my jammies to get some RIGHT NOW! I told Mr R that I will have to sneak down there some day when he isn't home. Knowing that I have a, ahem, problem with sweet tea, he said it was okay if I went even if he is home. (Really, I can quite any time I want too!)

Or I need to make sweet tea myself. Oh and if you don't know what I am talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_tea

And if you are thinking, what's the big deal, putting sugar in regular iced tea is just the same, I am here to tell you that you are wrong. Sweet tea is a completely different experience than just putting sugar in iced tea. Sweet tea is mystical - I understand the secrets of the universe and can see through time when I drink it. Okay maybe its not mystical... but well...it is certainly one of the things that makes life worth living!

No comments: