Friday, July 23, 2010

Experiencing technical difficulties?

I'm sorry I haven't continued posting about the trip to Vancouver Island. I'll get back to it I promise!

The last two weeks have been crazy with such a variety of things - being back at work, an appointment with the doctor, a phone call with the doctor, a couple of meetings, a strange Facebook friend request, a party, a child sitting gig, a soccer game, reflecting on the trip to Vancouver Island...

The upshot of the doctor appointment is that I don't pass go, I don't collect $200, I am going straight to statin drugs. No messing around with diet and exercise first. Turns out that I am in a high risk group for heart attack and stroke - as in 10 out of 100 people in this group have a heart attack or a stroke. Having a heart attack or a stroke is not my idea of a good time so it is statin drugs for me.

Then yesterday, I received a Facebook friend request from my former husband. I haven't talked to him in 6 years - we've been divorced for 10. It really sent me into a strange space - but for lots of reasons I don't particularly want to go into, I have decided not to confirm or accept the request.

I'm now looking forward to a quiet weekend of reading, writing and hopefully, some sewing. I haven't completed a sewing project since October 2005! I have a new sewing machine and everything and I still can't seem to even make napkins.

Well, back to work for me!

No comments: