Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So people have been asking...

I'm taking a writing class. The title of the class is "Exploring the Esoteric". Folks have been asking if I am going to share any of the things I have been writing so here ya go. This is part of this week's homework assignment. These are inspired by Anne Carson's "Short Talks" - a collection of prose poems. I'll be reading these and perhaps one more at class tomorrow night.

Short Talk On Pearls

I have an imperfect black pearl. It is from the South Pacific. I've never been to the South Pacific. The pearl was a gift from my ex-husband. Although I had it put on a chain, I never wear it. The chain is too short.

Short Talk On Dog Parks

The dogs at off leash parks are so happy. They chase tennis balls and each other. Sometimes my brain joins them. I have to yell a long time before my brain pays attention.

No comments: