That goes along with the tree picture. Mr R and I were taking pictures of this most beautiful tree. An earnest young man on a bike stopped and asked Mr R what we were taking pictures of. Mr R said "the tree". The young man blinked and smiled at us. He looked up at the tree. I said something about how at this time of year you could really see the shape of the tree and how lovely it is. Then the earnest young man thanked us - he said he had never looked at the tree before and was glad we had brought it to his attention. It was very, very sweet.
I think a lot about trees. I think maybe it goes along with noticing birds so much. Well, that and my love of Norse mythology - Yggdrasil, the world tree and all of that.
Which reminds me, I still need to write the 14 line Icelandic Saga that was homework for the last day of class last week. I found the assignment rather daunting. I did turn in a 5 piece portfolio of work which I will discuss with the instructor on Wednesday night. And I released a piece into the wild - the short talk on dog parks was typed on pink paper and taped to a pole in Cal Anderson Park. The pole was supporting a sign that read "No dogs allowed". I haven't gone back yet to see if it is still there.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment