It is Friday - Yippee - and a long weekend this weekend - Memorial Day (which I was convinced was next weekend) and...wait for it... it is raining.
Yes folks, last Saturday it was 90 degrees and sunny. Mr R and I took a Busman's Holiday. We went to the Cheese Festival, caught part of the Norwegian Constitution Day Parade in Ballard, dropped off the roll of 120mm film I shot (and hopefully some of the pics will turn out. This time I had them put the pictures on a disc so I could even like post them and everything, if any of them are worth posting) and then headed home. We rode a lot of buses. We walked about a block and a half of the University District Street Fair along the way.
And now it is somewhere in the 50 degree range and raining. I guess last Saturday was just a teaser.
So, anyone have any grand plans for the long weekend?
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woo, happy Friday!
Yeah, raining here too. You can blame Portland for the bad weather. No, really, because it's almost the start of the Rose Festival (like Seafair but shorter and more flowery), and they're setting up the rides and the ferris wheel and all that, so of course it is raining. It's like Seattle always has to get rain for the 4th of July -same thing.
It's traditional it for to pour cats and dogs next Saturday morning for the big parade, so I'll just warn you now.
Hey, welcome back Big Alice. Thanks for the warning about the Rose Festival! I'll plan indoor activities!
Post a Comment