However you choose to celebrate - protesting against "the man", marching in support of labor or against the war, or putting flowers in your hair and dancing round the maypole - Happy May Day.
The cherry trees bordering the park behind my house are in full bloom. I hope to get some pictures if the weather cooperates. I have seen lilacs - budding so far not in full bloom but lilacs just the same.
My commute home this evening will be hellish. There are three marches here today - longshoremen marching against the war, a big march and rally about immigration rights, and one other the purpose of which I don't remember right now.. The immigration rights march starts at about the same time as rush hour... Mr. R. offered to pack a picnic dinner and walk toward my workplace as I walked toward home so we could meet somewhere in the middle and have dinner.
I admit, I am having WTO flashbacks right now.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment