Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why yes, I should be working...

But instead I am posting about my next creative adventure. As you may have gathered from reading this blog, I spend time at Richard Hugo House. In fact, I will be going there again tomorrow night for another evening of Cheap Wine and Poetry.

A week ago, I got on the stage at Hugo House and read the two haiku I wrote during the class I took at Hugo House. The Haiku were well received, I was terrified, and yes, it was the first ever time I got up in front of a room of real living human beings and read my poetry out loud into a microphone... (I would like to thank Anne for telling me I was brave to have done such a thing.)

So my next creative adventure is going to be to participate in the Write-O-Rama at Hugo House on June 7. It is a benefit event for Hugo House. Read more about it here: Write-O-Rama

If you feel inclined to sponsor me, you can do so online via the link above. So, I am going to go waaayyy out on a limb here and give you my last name - you might need it to sponsor me - okay, my last name is Geis. And yes my first name really is Heidi - like it says in my profile. (now watch me get a stalker or something) Feel free to let me know if you decide to sponsor me. Thank you in advance. Hugo House does really good work for the written arts in this town!

I promise to post anything interesting I might write during the Write-O-Rama.

My apologies if this is an inappropriate use of the blogosphere! But it is for a good cause, really.

Oh, and the photos from the recent busman's holiday turned out! So I will post a couple of those soon.

Okay, now I'll get to work.

Thanks everyone!

No comments: