Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

Over the past few years, I really look forward to Thanksgiving, mostly because for the past 8 years I have spent the day with good friends and eating good food. Tomorrow with be our ninth gathering!

On the menu tomorrow:

Salmon with pomegranate sauce
Dressing
smashed yams
green beans
roasted beets
stuffed mushrooms
roasted root veggies in puff pastry
roasted squash
salad
pie
pumpkin mochi
I may have forgotten a thing or two - I'll do a recap in a couple of days!

I am making the first 4 items and the last item. Everyone else brings every thing else. I stopped making turkey 3 years ago. Most everyone who comes for Thanksgiving is vegetarian and neither Mr R nor I like turkey very much so why roast one. I am expecting 6 folks along with Mr. R and myself.

I can hardly wait!
Plus, the weather this autumn is doing me a world of good. Today is cold, sunny, blue skies and absolutely beautiful! The lake is sapphire blue.

To Big Alice: Best of luck in preparing the feast at your house this year. Let me know how it goes!

To everyone else: May your table be full and your day merry-tomorrow and every day!

1 comment:

Big Alice said...

Ha, thank you! Your menu sounds fabulous!
It went very well. I'll totally be making my own stuffing from now into the future. The smashed potatoes not so good, but hey, they're potatoes, it's hard to make them completely unedible as long as there's gravy in this world.
Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving!