Monday, December 22, 2008

It's indescribably beautiful

I am a great fan of the movie Christmas Story. Right now, the world looks much like it does in the movie when Ralphie gets up on Christmas morning and looks outside and sees a world covered in fresh snow. 

When I checked last night at about 9 pm, there were 8 inches of snow on the railing of the deck. Mr. R and I went out yesterday afternoon and took pictures. I will post some later - Mr. R is at work (I'm not) so he isn't here right now to help me.

Quite a magical and mythical way to start winter.


1 comment:

Big Alice said...

Ah, I LOVE A Christmas Story. I try to watch it every year around this time. Guess I'm no good for syrupy and goopy movies.

I think we have about 11" total, plus a layer of ice in the middle (snow-ice sandwich!) It is so beautiful. I love snow. Though I'm glad I don't have to drive in it.