There is a section of McSweeney's website dedicated to New Food. I forget exactly what it is called. (I looked, it is call New Food) I read through it occasionally.
However, today, I have my own installment of new food. I was downtown running a couple of errands at lunch time when I spied Kettle Chips Spicy Thai potato chips. What really got me was the "ginger with ATTITUDE". So I bought some. And yes indeed these are ginger flavored potato chips. And I kind of like them. Although, I think ginger is like licorice - either you like it or you don't. I like licorice and anise too.
Interesting side note about anise. Greyhounds love the smell of anise. I read somewhere that the fake bunny they chase when racing on a track is scented with anise. Needless to say when I had two greyhounds in the house, I didn't cook much with anise or keep much licorice around.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did you know there is a specific gene ( or something like that ) that determines whether or not you think cilantro tastes like soap? I have it, cilantro tatses like soap. I love licorice, don't like ginger much, unless it's a cookie.
I knew about the gene for liking or disliking dill pickles and sauerkraut but not for the cilantro gene. I don't think cilantro tastes like soap and I like dill pickles.
Ginger cookies and gingerbread rule!
Post a Comment