I learned a lot, wrote a lot, met some really great people and was completely exhausted by the time I got home. I learned two new poetic forms - the Pantoum and the Bop. Got a great idea for something to do at the annual Blue House Thanksgiving.
Oh and I had my picture taken for the Hugo House newsletter.
So here is the pantoum I wrote yesterday. This is a poetic form from Malayasia. It is written in four line stanzas - the second and fourth lines of each stanza become the first and the third lines of the next stanza. The very first line of the poem becomes the very last line and the third line of the poem is in the last stanza as the second line. So here is my first attempt with the pantoum:
Because I had one more chance
I watch the clouds
billowing grey, sparkling white
pale blue sky
I watch the clouds
outside the bus window
pale blue sky
the sound of wet concrete
Outside the bus window
the sky turns dark
The sound of wet concrete
lulls me like a lullaby
The sky turns dark
the murmur of voices
lulls me like a lullaby
heading home
The murmur of voices
billowing grey, sparkling white
Heading home
Because I had one more chance.
This is an interesting form and rather intriguing to write. I think I will try more of these.
2 comments:
Dammit dammit dammit I was going to send them a donation but then I was a big slacker. Dammit. I'll still send a donation, ok, but I am late late late. I'm sorry, and I'm glad you had a great time at the writing workshop.
Thank you Big Alice. I am sure Hugo House would love to have a donation!
Post a Comment