Two weeks from today, March 13, I will be taking the Certified Tumor Registrars Exam. Needing this certification is a new addition to my job description. I can do my job without it and can keep doing my job without it, but in order to advance and get better raises I need the certification.
I will be spending the next two weeks reading about Cancer Registry Operations, statistics and reviewing medical terminology and anatomy, among other things. And I am here to tell you, this is riveting stuff people!
The whole process has been incredibly vexing - first I had to get the approval to take the test ( I don't have the exact right education although someone somewhere was smart enough to realize that a biology degree and an English degree are just as good as certification as a phlebotomist), then came the finding of the test site to take the test, then there is the studying and the money and well, you get the idea.
Poor Mr R has been very patient and understanding during these trying times.
So in two weeks, I will be feeling less anxious. I will find out immediately after taking the test whether or not I passed. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck on the test!
Does this mean you'll be a certified tumor afterwards?
P.S. just wanted to wish you good luck, again. I know you will do fabulously!
Thank you Bid Alice! I will be sure to post at least briefly tomorrow to let you know how I did!
Umm that should be Big Alice not bid alice...
Post a Comment