Monday, October 15, 2007

Lemon Jelly, Lemon curd, Lemon Tarts

These days one of my favorite bands is Lemon Jelly. The name Lemon Jelly makes me think of lemon curd and then my mind travels back in time to the lemon tartletts I used to get at the Mark Tobey pub. The pub was across the street from where I worked at the time and they had the best lemon tartletts. Smooth, custardy, tart lemon filling, flakey crust - they were a wonder and a small miracle. The pub is long gone. To this day I have not found anything to replace the lemon tartletts. Maybe someday, I'll try to figure out how to make them myself.

But I wonder, would the tartletts be as wonderful and miraculous if I made them? or were the tartletts so wonderful and miraculous because I was sneaking away from work and someone brought me sunshine on a plate?

Oh and in case you were wondering, the pub was named after the artist, Mark Tobey. I don't know if he liked lemon tartletts.

No comments: