After all the noise and construction and bother, I find I am oddly delighted at seeing the bright red trolley go by. It went by for the first time on Friday. It was like a parade float - going very slowly with people walking along beside it. It just went by again - faster this time but still just as delightful.
This morning there was a bit of excitement on the bus. The driver hit a curb quite hard and popped one of the tires on the bus. A loud hissing noise ensued. The driver soldiered on and I did make it to my stop in time to make my connection. I have never been on a bus with a blown tire before.
And I received this from a friend this morning. This is the last stanza of a poem by Louis MacNeice titled "Entirely". N. sent the whole poem but the last stanza...well, it really struck a chord with me. Sometimes I do get what I need. Thank you N!
And if the world were black or white entirely
And all the charts were plain
instead of a mad weir of tigerish waters,
A prism of delight and pain,
We might be surer where we wished to go
or again we might be merely
Bored but in brute reality there is no
Road that is right entirely.
My goal for the week is to make it through the week without crying and without melting down.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment