My coat and socks are draped over the extra chair in my office. My jeans are finally drying out. Fortunately, I had a pair of flip flops under my desk (don't ask) so I don't have to wander around barefoot. My messenger bag seems to be drying out.
Hopefully by the time I go home the socks, shoes and coat will be dry and it will have stopped raining. I admit it - hour after hour of constant heavy rain gets to me. The people who keep track of these things are thinking that we might beat the current record of 5.03 inches of rain in 24 hours. I remember the day it rained that much - and I remember being miserable then too!
I can see across the lake now - I couldn't earlier. It is misty and grey and not very clear but I can see across the lake. I even put on my glasses to be sure. (And currently I am wearing my old glasses - I sat on my glasses yesterday and broke them - kind of a "Christmas Story" moment. I told Mr. R that I should have said I shot my eye out and he reminded me I actually needed to make up a story about an icicle. Oh dear, I'm being obscure now aren't I...and that I can't blame on the rain!)
Monday, December 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Still raining! We now have moat to go with our lake....
Good thing we can all swim!
Post a Comment