My friend down the hall, K., thinks that we should have gotten t-shirts that read "I rode the S.L.U.T when she was a virgin" and then gone on the inagural ride! Brilliant I say, brilliant!
The people all look like meerkats at this point - all looking in the same direction. I know I will never again see this many people waiting at the same time! I don't think the trolley will be able to pick up any more passengers for the remainder of the route! Darn, I wish I had a camera!
Helicopter and bicycle police - the escort perhaps? Okay here we go... red train is headed toward downtown with Hello Seattle on its destination board... oh my the scrum to get on is amusing. And the people in the Santa hats arrived just as the doors were closing - DENIED. The S.L.U.T waits for no one. So K. and I have watched the S.L.U.T be deflowered as K. says.
But still no mayor... No balloon guys
Just how anti - climatic is this going to be...
There it is! - a packed train with the mayor up front (I saw him with my own eyes.) But the train didn't stop to let people off! and this is the last station. More people have gathered on the platform - will they get on the train after it turns around. (the answer is yes, they let a few people on the others are still on the platform - kind of like when a bus driver doesn't pick up more people when the bus gets too crowded)
No entourage though... darn!
The drama of it all..the intrigue...oh the humanity. Okay, I am getting carried away and must get back to work now.
Well, it is official - Seattle has a streetcar, oh I mean trolley!
Thanks for sharing the moment with me.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment