Here I am in my office, listening to the soundtrack from the movie Coffee and Cigarettes. One of the selections is a beautiful song written by Gustav Mahler (based on a poem by Ruckert) titled I Have Lost Track of the World.
Kind of sums up how I have been feeling for the past couple of weeks. Oh, who am I kidding, the past couple of months! Some people simply lose track of time, I seem to lose track of the world!
One line in particular stands out:
It has heard nothing from me for so long that it may very well believe that I am dead!
As Mr. R. so fondly and constantly reminds me, I need to get out more! I'm not quite dead yet.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
she's not dead...she's just resting ( insert best Michael Palin here) You do need to get out more!
Hey, you better not be dead yet!
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment