Thursday, January 17, 2008

Post Script

The Lyra hood/hat is everywhere (okay, so I exaggerate so sue me) - First, I saw it on craftzine and a clever knitter (Froggie Meanie) had created her own pattern and now Lion Brand yarn has posted a free pattern - and pictures of the Lyra hood are popping up all over the place.

Oh, perhaps you don't know what I am talking about - in the book "The Golden Compass", (recently released as a movie which I have not and probably will not see), the hero of the book is a girl named Lyra. Apparently in the movie she wears a hat which has captured the knitting world's imagination and now everyone is making it and posting about it. Okay maybe not everyone, but it is out there people!

Here is a picture from Zakka Life. On Zakka Life, I like the sumo wrestler doorstop as well!

I think the pattern on Lion Brand yarn comes in an adult size... Yes, I want one. Perhaps I will make one while I am on vacation.

By the way, the book "The Golden Compass" is excellent. I highly recommend it! The author is Philip Pullman and is the first book in the His Dark Materials trilogy.

2 comments:

Hippy Goodwife said...

I have a child sixed one on my needles now....oh the shame!

Heidi said...

Confession is good for the soul! So you noticed it too! And besides there is no shame - except my own because you beat me to it!