Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

This is a very contemplative time of year for me. There is the solstice and Christmas, then New Year's, then my birthday. A couple of weeks of endings and beginnings.

Mr R and I had a quiet New Year's. We went to the labyrinth walk at St. Mark's Cathedral on New Year's Eve. I bought a small bottle of champagne but we didn't drink it. Then, I dozed and during my more wakeful moments I watched Twilight Zone episodes on the SciFi channel. New Year's day morning - more sleeping and Twilight Zone. We finally managed to get out of the house and went to see "No Country for Old Men". I thought it was an amazing movie - yes, it is violent, but it is also beautiful and thought provoking.

I am not a big resolution maker but there are some themes for the year rattling around in my head. In no particular order here are the things I am pondering as the new year starts:

Time for amendment of life - (from a prayer said during the Compline service).
There is no other shoe (so stop waiting for it to drop).
Although I may be ordinary, I am not typical.
Is it possible to make plans and at the same time have no expectations or attachments to the outcome?


Happy New Year - I hope the new year brings pleasant surprises and blessings and is full of peace and love for you!

No comments: