Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thanks, I needed that!

To finish up my vacation reporting:

Thursday evening, Anne and I went to "Cheap Wine and Poetry" night at the Richard Hugo House. Always a good time. A bottle of cheap wine, some wonderful poetry and a conversation with one of the readers later, Anne and I headed out for a late dinner and Mr. R. came to retrieve me. A good time was had by all!

(I met Rebecca Brown - her works include The Last Time I Saw You, The End of Youth and The Terrible Girls. I didn't confess to her that I haven't read any of her work. But after hearing her read and talking with her on the porch at Richard Hugo house I feel like I should give her work a try. )

Friday afternoon, I went to Carmen's and spent time with Carmen and Doodle. I finished the Grass project, Doodle made sheep out of the stuffing I bought to fill the Grass and Carmen made an icebox cake. She wrote about the cake on her blog. A lovely afternoon! Thank you Carmen and Doodle.

The crocus are sending up shoots and one of the trees in the back yard is budding. Several years ago I wrote this about the tree:

Suddenly
The tree bursts into spring -
Petals fall like snow

So tomorrow, it's back to work for me.

No comments: