Friday, February 8, 2008

Funny, you don't look like whiskey

Overheard at the coffee bar: "I'm Scotch - you can't make fun of Scotch people"

Of course, in my head this sounded like a challenge for which I came up with "Funny you don't look like whiskey". Of course, this witty retort remained in my head (unlike Samuel L. Jackson in "Pulp Fiction" who retorts quite nicely.)

So, correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that people who have ancestors from Scotland refer to themselves as Scots or Scottish not Scotch. Scotch is whiskey. Of course, I could be wrong.

And I would just like to say that I have had enough of winter now thank you very much! Maybe I need to go look at the happy trees again.

1 comment:

Hippy Goodwife said...

I am pretty sure there are days when I look exactly like a nearly empty glass of Aberlour.