Thursday, February 28, 2008

More cool stuff

Knitted bunny egg cozies and felted nesting bowls - see 'em here

I feel like I am derelict in my craftiness since I don't felt - well not yet. I am eyeing a get started felting kit from Blue Goose Glen (thanks Carmen) and I have had my eye on some felting kits from Crafty Alien for quite some time.

I would like to learn how to felt for many reasons. However, the following reason is primarily in my mind these days. In the hallway of my house there is a goofy, unnecessary alcove. This alcove has been home to various dioramas and shrines over the years. But I had dogs then - and dogs do not jump into alcoves and test gravity at 5:30 am like a certain large black cat likes to do. (this morning my lovely crystal Ganesh figure from India, brought to me from India by Anne, was on the floor - unharmed. Ganesh is the god of journeys after all. )

I think every home needs at least one altar or shrine or place to mark the passage of the seasons or to display current obsessions. And these things are different from knick knack shelves in my mind although what could be considered knick knacks are often part of a shrine. (Personally, I often have little altars everywhere.) So, since I like to create altars, shrines, dioramas, etc. in the alcove, I think that I should put soft felted or knitted or fabric things in there. At least then the gravity testing will be quieter and not as breakable. Because, trust me, the gravity testing and knocking things about will continue!

No comments: