That sound you hear? It is me banging my head against any available hard surface - wall, desk, door whatever.
I swear, there are days when it seems that everything is un-necessarily difficult. And I think to myself "It doesn't need to be this hard people"
For instance, I changed my order at the coffee bar this morning - yes I do that occasionally - I asked for an iced chai with just a little milk. Seemed clear, straightforward and it was what I wanted. To which I received the reply "That isn't how it works - it is supposed to be half chai half milk otherwise it is too sweet" And I'm thinking, that is what the ice is for, to water it down. So I got chai with water added and ice and a bit of milk. Interestingly enough, the other day I asked for a hot chai extra water and less milk so that it wouldn't be too sweet - now mind you this was from another barista - and he wouldn't water it down for me. He proceeded to tell me he had a "special" way of making it so that it wasn't too sweet. It was too sweet.
So here I am, being pecked to death by ducks while trying to herd cats and teach pigs to sing.
And just when I was starting to feel hopeful and grateful. Oh wait, is that the punch line? - this is a test, right, to see if I can continue to feel hopeful and grateful in the face of random and perpetual stupidity. I'm just experiencing the emergency broadcasting system test on a cosmic scale, right. That explains the high pitched buzz in my head. (How does one explain that sound that is played during the test of the emergency broadcasting system?)
Oh dear, I am ranting and rambling now.
Miss Carmen - if you read this today - I may be bringing vodka and tonic and lime to dinner tonight. I think I need to look like a vodka tonic - half empty and with melting ice.
Thank you all for listening and reading! I guess I'd better get to work now. I'm under surveillance again.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Vodka and Tonic is always welcome.
Mr. R can drive home.
Post a Comment