Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The view out my window

The work on the trolley station continues. Over the weekend, railings were added. Personally, I think it gives a slight abattoir feeling to the thing, but then that's just me.

Anyway, today there is a cement truck out there. Festively painted in what I can only assume are the Seattle Department of Transportation's new colors - black and blue (seems appropriate given how my body feels after encountering some of the potholes and frost heaves around town).

And the new logo, at least new to me, "Bridging the Gap". Huh? I'm baffled. What does that mean? It also begs the question, how much was spent on this new color scheme and logo? And how many potholes and frost heaves could have been filled for that price? As the announcer used to say in the Tootsie Pop commercial, the world may never know.

Otherwise, the view is pretty much as it always is.

No comments: