I am not one to enter contests - my mom on the other hand enters and has won all kinds of fabulous prizes!
But I found a contest I couldn't resist. It is an identify the dead poet contest and can be found here - the March 28th entry. I found out about this reading The Stranger Slog. The Slog entry mentioned that one of the quotes is hard to find via Google. Well, I found all of them via Google. And yes one of the quotes is challenging to find.
So I entered the contest. I have no idea what the prize is. And I will not be able to attend the reading where the winner will be announced - because I will be attending another evening of Cheap Wine and Poetry. So many readings so little time!
A poem today...
A Prayer
by May Sarton
Help us to be the always hopeful
gardeners of the spirit
who know that without darkness
nothing comes to birth
as without light
nothing flowers
One of my favorite May Sarton poems is "Now I Become Myself" - it is rather long so I am not going to type it in but it can be found here.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment