Monday, April 7, 2008

It had better be warm in California

On Wednesday, Mr. R and I leave for California for a few days. We are going to drive down. And right now, looking out at the gray sky and watching the trees sway in the breeze and sit here in my office wishing I had worn a hat and a warmer sweater, all I can think is that it had better be warm and sunny in California.

And a "Heidi enters the modern world" update - I bought a digital camera this weekend. Yes, you read that correctly, a digital camera. Oh trust me, I am not giving up on my Holga. However, this means I can take pictures on our road trip and everything and not have to worry about what to do with the film or figure out having it developed when we get back, etc.

I haven't yet decided if sock monkey, or Hindi Bendy or Devil Bendy should come along as mascots - or maybe all three should come along. Of course, as Hippy Goodwife could testify to in court, I had planned to make a mascot for the trip - but as always my imagination was bigger than my stomach - no wait that's not how it goes - my imagination was bigger than my...

1 comment:

Hippy Goodwife said...

ass. That's how I say it. My imagination was bigger than my ass. That's pretty big.

I don't think the mascot matters, any mascot in a storm right? Sock puppets are always good...you could whip one of those up.